Thursday, December 4, 2008

Still Here

Yes, we are still here! The whole family is over at the computer room tonight. Clara is hanging out in her own chair at the moment. Every once in a while we give it a spin to keep her entertained!

So a few things we've been up to lately.... Stephen, of course, has been busy with work. A few days ago I got to go help a new friend with decorating the chapel for an up-coming Christmas banquet, which was fun! Today I visited the MOPS group that I am probably going to join. It was kind of hard leaving my little munchkin in child care, but we both survived. I missed her though! I met some great ladies! I've also made a friend here at the apartment complex we're currently living in. She has a little 4 month old daughter and her husband is in the military so we have a lot in common. By the way, practically everyone around here seems to be either in the military or work for the company Stephen does! Anyway, my new friend and I have had lunch together a couple times this week, which was quite enjoyable!

Clara is doing well! She now has 4 teeth that have broken through and at various stages of being in. She's taken off on sitting on her own! She still topples, but is doing quite well! She is also starting balance standing up for a little while on her own with the help of a piece of furniture!

We think we've found a home to rent! One of the things I like about it is it has a large yard... so I can hopefully have a BIG garden next spring! Yay! Stephen likes that is has a big garage...great place for toils and all those man projects!!! I'm hoping our landlord will be fine with us painting, because I've been dreaming about fun paint colors! Planning to get bold people!!! Watch out! :-)

Well, that is at least a small update of life in these parts!

2 comments:

In the Mix said...

So how are things settling out for you guys on the east coast? Did you settle on that house? Hope you guys are doing well.

Stephen and Gracie said...

No we haven't settled on a house yet... but we don't really need to until about mid January at least!

We're enjoying our new surroundings!