Monday, November 5, 2007

Company, Drawing, and a Sandwich

I'm afraid it has been about three days since my last post. My "sincerest" apologies to one of our regular readers who says if we have a blog we should post EVERYDAY!

Life has been pretty eventful around here. Besides some regular activities we had company over Thursday night (as I mentioned in a previous post), then we were over at someone else's home on Friday for supper. Later on Friday evening a friend came in at the airport and was here for the weekend. Sunday he had lunch with some other friends from the chapel and we had three different friends (also from chapel) over for lunch. Our friend who was here for the weekend left this morning and we're expecting my Mom and three of my siblings to arrive some time this evening. We will probably get to have them here for at least most of the week! I haven't seen any of them since August when we went to the camping trip.

Today I have art class, which is usually fun. At this class we're suppose to do a picture that includes at least one tree and water. One of my latest attempts in the drawing field is a portrait of my handsome husband in his uniform. I'm not done with it yet, but so far I'm pretty happy with it. Maybe, when it's done I'll take a picture of it and put it up on the blog.

Ok, anyone want an idea for a DELICIOUS grilled sandwich???!!! I got this idea from a Taste of Home cookbook, but have done it a little bit differently. But very basically, this is what you do. Take a piece of focaccia bread and cut it into two horizontal layers. Spread the sliced sides of the bread with basil pesto (I've used both homemade pesto and store bought, both with delicious results :-)) Then, layer ham or turkey, sliced apples, and cheddar or mozzarella cheese. Put sandwich together and grill on an inside grill. I used a George Forman grill (great wedding gift!), you know, the kind that closes kind of like a waffle maker. When the sandwich is hot and the outsides are crispy, take out and enjoy! Stephen and I both REALLY like these! I think I'll have one later today!

No comments: