Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Family visit, Thanksgiving, Morning sickness, and EARLY CHRISTMAS MUSIC! :-)

Good morning everyone! Hopefully, you all haven't just quit checking for up-dates because it has been so dreadfully long since my last post!

Well, how about a little news about life in our household. We got the privilege of having my Mom and three youngest siblings here from Monday night until Saturday morning of last week! We had some fun times together! Mom spoiled us while she was here and, among other things, bought us some lovely plants for our back yard! Caleb and Melissa did A LOT of swimming in the pool, even though the temperature in there is down to around 61 - 62 degrees!!! They're tough! We played a bunch of games together as well. Some of you might be surprised about how crazy and feisty I can act sometimes. You might have to look twice to make sure it's me! :-) We took a little hike at a place a friend had recently introduced me to. We also took a drive and they got to look around and see a bit more of the area. They were able to go to Bible study with us and meet some of our friends from the chapel. One day, while Stephen and I were at the funeral of a friend, they went to a park that a neighbor had told us about and then found a McDonalds with a really big play area. The morning they left Stephen took Caleb to the park near us and they tried out Caleb's new boomerang. So...that is some of what happened while they were here. Thanks again for coming family!!! Come again soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Over the Thanksgiving holiday we are planning to head to the east coast to see some of Stephen's family. It also got arranged that my brother, Mark, is going to join us for that time, which I was quite happy about!!! Yay!!!

Well, it looks like I may be getting over the morning sickness, though it was never really bad in the first place! That is a way in which I am glad I did NOT take after my mother!!! No offense Mom! :-) And I think I was the one who made her the most sick!!! Hopefully, this pregnancy is the one I get the sickest with too! :-) Well, we are scheduled to find out if we're having a boy or a girl sometime during the end of December. I don't remember the date exactly. My Dad is already talking about "his granddaughter" and Stephen says he thinks it's a boy.... :-)

OK, one last, shocking thing to tell those of you who may be reading this and are one of those who think that all the Christmas stuff should start AFTER Thanksgiving...I'm currently playing Charlotte Church's Christmas CD! All you "after Thanksgiving" people, please forgive me...and hopefully, we can still be friends!

No comments: