Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Early Valentines Day!

This year I got treated to an early Valentines day gift! Yesterday, Stephen and I had a mid-day appointment to be at, so Stephen surprised me and took the whole day off and made it our early Valentines day! He didn't tell me till that morning when it was already past the time he should have left and he hadn't even started to get ready yet!!! He apparently was hoping for more drama in my resonse (like maybe saying "Oh, no! We better hurry!" And scurrying to get up and get his lunch) when he told me what time it was...but I was dreadfully calm. :-) I guess he didn't marry a very dramatic lady. :-) However, it was a VERY nice surprise! He made me breakfast and later in the day took me shopping for more maternity clothes and took me out to dinner! What a dear!

Do you know what? This is our first Valentines Day to actually spend together in person...ever! Two years ago, which would have been right before we started officially courting, he was in Iraq...but he still sent me a really sweet valentines card! And last year, which was very shortly after we got married, his company sent him to an out of town project. So this is our first one to spend together!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was so cool that you had your day before the craziness. We spent last night before prayer meeting, eating out and buying throat lozenges. This morning Ken built a fire before going to work.
So, Clara seems to enjoy music. I don't suppose you could fit the cd player headset on your tummy?!