Saturday, November 22, 2008

California Girl, Turned Desert Rat, Turning Southern Belle! :-)

That's my life in a nut shell! :-) Well, I guess that's an over simplification... :-)

Stephen is giving me a "baby break" right now! We are living in corporate housing at the moment and I can get on the computer here at the "business center" but that pretty much means taking Clara with me when I go, which isn't too conducive to doing much on the computer. You hear a fair amount of this sort of thing "Here, try playing with these keys."... "Just a second. Mamma's almost done." You get the idea. Our computer times generally don't last that long! So, my wonderful hubby has Clara at the apartment and now is my chance to do some stuff without keeping an eye on a little one at the same time!

We had a fabulous trip out here...staying with friends and family all along the way! Thank you again everyone, for all the great times! Clara traveled very well, which was such a blessing!

Stephen's first week of work went quite well. He shows up at 7:30 and gets off at 4! Nice! So far, he's mostly been getting oriented, set up, etc.

Clara and I are both sick. Poor thing. You should hear her horrible little cough! She still has quite a bit of energy though and seems to be doing ok anyway.

On Wednesday we visited the chapel we will probably end up attending. The people were very welcoming. One lady gave me her contact information and the next day she invited Clara and I out to pizza with her and her four kids! We had a very nice time! She's new to the area as well... been here for about 4 months...Her husband is in the Air force. She has invited us to join them for Thanksgiving! I think she'll be a good friend!

We're settled comfortably into our apartment. You can be praying with us that our house in Phoenix gets leased out, Lord willing, and that the Lord would lead us to the right home here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We miss you and would love to visit. Maybe you could get Ben and Tracie Youngquist's address from Sarah; they are in that area. You both have learned how to overcome homesickness by extending yourselves to others, and I am so proud. I don't think we have ever stayed with that many people while travelling across country.

Marilena said...

I miss you guys!!! I'm so glad to hear that you had a nice trip across the country. I'm waiting anxiously to see some new pictures. Come on Gracie, I'm sure you can figure out how to download those pics!! Give Clara a big hug from me.

Love ya,
Mar

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that you are getting to know some people back there! Hope you are feeling better.
Corinne