Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Due Date + 7

Well, I understand that many first babies come 7-10 days late. We have reached that zone! We shall see. I could see it going even longer then that though. I was a first baby and I came ten days late without being induced. We went swimming yet again yesterday and still no baby. We're getting good exercise anyway, so that's nice! Stephen hears lots of "why are you still here?" at work. :-) He's looking forward to getting some time off...AND meeting his daughter. :-)

Looks like we'll get to have Mom here longer! She was suppose to fly home on Friday...but obviously Clara, or Clarie, as we often call her, hasn't bothered to oblige that schedule. :-) Thankfully, she's with an airline that has a nice "change your reservation" policy.

In other news, Stephen's done quite a bit of yard work lately. He did some major trimming on several bushes around the place. He also did a big edging job on our lawn where he took a shovel and dug out a small strip all along the edge that's next to the side walk and the part that runs along the walk that comes up to our gate. He then filled in that area with some potting soil we had. I don't think he did the smaller part of the yard on the other side of the driveway. Last night he went to Home Depot and got a blade for the table saw that someone loaned him. He's going to use that for the wood he's planning to make the pool fence out of.

I planted some seeds for sweet peas (flowers), four-o-clocks (flowers), peppers, basil and cilantro about a week and a half ago or so. Everything has started sprouting with the exception of the sweet peas. I hope they do end up sprouting and blooming. I love sweet peas! I considered using them in my wedding...but I got married at the wrong time of year. :-( January really isn't ideal sweet pea season. :-) Wasn't God soooo creative and give us so much variety to enjoy when He created this beautiful world??!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope Clara decides to come out soon! We are waiting eagerly for your call. Put your feet up and take a nap. Forget about all of that excercising, since it's not working anyways! Enjoy your last days of being pregnant because with your next baby you won't get the same treatment and you'll have to share Stephen with another little lady.
Love ya,
Mar