Sunday, May 25, 2008

She's Here!


OUR LITTLE PRINCESS

As probably all of you who get on this blog already know by now, Miss Clara Belle, made her appearance into this outside world quite a bit later then expected on May 21st, 2008. According to her due date she was exactly two weeks late. However, some of those involved in her birth said she didn't look like she was late. So, maybe she was just a BIG 40 week baby. She weighed in at 9lbs 7oz and was 21 3/4 in. long.

I had a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions leading up to her birth.


BRAXON HICKS COMING FOUR MINUTES APART ON SATURDAY NIGHT

On Monday night I had quite a lengthy stretch longer contractions and we thought she might be on her may, but then things calmed down. On Tuesday night they started getting strong again and we called the midwife at about 2:00 on Wednesday morning. I thought we might have called her too soon, but we found out I was already 9 cm. Things progressed rather slowly from there. I eventually started pushing and that carried on and on! I had lots of support from my dear husband! He let me hang on him and lean on him (and afterwards his neck hurt him soooo badly!) My wonderful Mom was there too, praying and helping. I think near the end there were times when I would be holding on to her hand with one hand and holding on to Stephen with the other. My midwife and her student were had so many ideas and gave lots of direction and instruction.


LOTS OF GOOD SUPPORT! THIS WAS TAKEN DURING LABOR, BUT BEFORE THE MAJOR PUSHING TIME.

After trying so many different things and pushing for 5 hours, we decided to go to the hospital. We were taken to a large labor and delivery room which ended up having LOTS of people in it. Besides my Mom, Stephen, the midwife and her student, there were two or three nurses, three doctors and a nurse brought in from nursery to be on hand for the baby. After trying some more pushing they used a vacuum to help our little girl into the world at 11:10 am. Besides being large and a first baby, which usually are harder to deliver, she was posterior, and had the cord around her neck, which the Doctor cut after her head and one shoulder was out. It was a VERY hard morning but we were blessed with a precious little package at the end of it.


HOLDING MY BABY FOR THE FIRST TIME

The little lady is doing well here at home. So far, she has a pretty laid back personality and sleeps quite a bit. We took her out on her first outing this evening...as my Mom treated us to a special celebration dinner. Miss Clara slept the whole time! Mom and Stephen do so much of the work of taking care of her, even during the night.


HANGING OUT WITH DAD


BIG YAWN

She is such a little precious! What a blessing from the LORD!

5 comments:

In the Mix said...

Yay! We're so glad she's here. Congratulations from Uncle Dan, Aunt Sarah and cousins Phinn and Gigi!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Stephen & Gracie!
I am sooooo excited for the two of you!!! I have been wanting to call and congratulate you in person but right now I am out of town with Gen & Daniel. Jenny sent her congratulations as well. It looks like you have a cute and precious little one. I can't wait for an opportunity to see her in person.
I will be praying for both of you as you raise her up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
Love you lots, Juliana K.

Anonymous said...

She is so cute! She looks so alert, like she is at least a month old already...especially with those chubby cheeks! Congratulations Gracie and Stephen! Can't wait to see her!
Corinne

q-pig said...

CONGRATS!! She's adorable! Will call you soon to catch up. All three of you take care now!

celeste said...

How sweet! Congratulations. I am sure you are enjoying her so much!

Celeste