Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thursday Thanks

Some things I'm thankful for:

A dear friend and neighbor of mine was just over. She suffers from conic pain. I'm thankful for the health God has blessed me with. I don't know how I would handle all she has been through. I'm also thankful for the blessing of this friendship!

I'm thankful for my sweet, precious, blessing from God, our little Clara!

I'm thankful for the adventure we're about embark on.

I'm thankful for my dear husband who is sooooo very good to me!

I'm thankful for the incredible privilege of living in the United States of America. I don't think I fully realize and appreciate the blessing that is. I've tended to think that countries such of the U.K. had a similar standard of living...not so, as I've been learning. I've learned lately that housing over there is so expensive that you don't have much living space, so to entertain you invite people to the local pub or something. I've learned that you almost NEVER see someone driving a truck around... gas is WAY too expensive. And Stephen told me that many people don't even have a bath tub (just a shower). It's too expensive to fill up that tub. Wow. The blessings we take for granted!

Thanksgiving is coming (one of my favorite holidays)! Let's start counting our blessings!

No comments: