Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Had to share this shot of a FILTHY DIRTY girl, from 4th of July! Although she doesn't look too happy in this picture... she had been having a great time... in the dirt, as you can see!


And another cute picture of our sweet little fella taken recently.


And on another note altogether, Eating Well scored again in this household, with their Mediterranean Wraps. When I saw these back in the June issue I wasn't super impressed and didn't end up trying them. However, I put them on the menu for this week and we had them Monday. They were so delicious and full of great flavor! Stephen and I both really enjoyed them! The recipe is simple and they are so healthy, loaded with fresh herbs, cucumbers and tomatoes. And use whole wheat tortillas and whole wheat cous cous and you can truly feel good about this scrumptious meal! I chopped the recipe out of the magazine and it has earned a place in my recipe binder!

Note: In true "Me" style, I didn't follow the recipe exactly. Here are a couple of the differences: I didn't buy spinach wraps, but just used whole wheat tortillas that we already had and wrapped them up burrito style. Also, instead of parsley I used cilantro, which we like better. I didn't measure the amount of herbs I put in, but combined I guess it was between 1/2 and 3/4 of a cup after being chopped... less then what they called for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Both the kids and the wraps look delicious!