Thursday, January 10, 2008

Bye Bye Franny

Yesterday was our last day with dear Franny. That means I've heard the "beep", that lets me know Stephen is home, for the last time. In case you're wondering what on earth I'm talking about, let me explain. "Franny" is what Stephen named his car and the "beep" was the sound of the car being locked from his hand held controls. And the reason Franny is gone is that we sold her yesterday. Thank You, Lord! Stephen had been trying for quite a long time. Stephen is now driving the truck to work until we get another vehicle. You can pray that the Lord will give us wisdom about that.

Stephen spoke last night at Bible study about the sovereignty of God, and did a good job. On Sunday he is scheduled to speak at a chapel in New Mexico. Please pray for us as he prepares for that, we travel and spend time with everyone there.

I've been reading a book called "A Place of Quiet Rest: Finding Intimacy With God Through A Daily Devotional Life" by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. And I would recommend it to you ladies out there! It's touching and convicting! The other day I was reading the section in chapter 4 about submission. Submission was one of the reasons she was giving for having a devotional time. She was talking specifically about submission to God and His will. I think one of the big things I was thinking about as I read was ways I have not submitted to my dear husband. Convicting! Those of you who think I'm the "perfect" wife...I'm not (and submission is just ONE of my problems)! And of course, when I don't submit to my husband, I'm not submitting to God. And I've been blessed with the kind of husband it is sooooo much easier to submit to...because he is soooo loving, caring, patient, etc.!!! So, you can pray that I would get out of the Lord God's way and let Him change me, and make me the wife He wants me to be and that my husband deserves.

No comments: