Sunday, December 16, 2007

Cold Mornings


News from the man of the house- There are so many projects I would like to do and so little time. Every time I get a jump on one of them, it's like I pulled the bottom apple on the produce isle and the whole lot is coming at me! I got a chainsaw to make some firewood, but it broke last time I used it. Now why would it do that to me? I know some of you are asking if we are going to make our 1 yr deadline in regards to wedding thank you notes. Last time I checked, we still had about 87 to write. All I can say is that I work better under pressure. If it looks like I am not going to make it, I plan to file a 30 day extension with the San Luis Obispo County Recorder's Office.

Some of you might know that I am selling my car. Someone came and looked at it recently. We will see how it goes. I have been busy at work on an Embassy Suites remodel project that needs to get done before the Super Bowl. I have been learning how to tell people things that they don't want to hear like the need to drop their price $9000, and no, you won't get the $100,000 contract that you worked on for 3 days, and I need decisions from you, the interior designer, right now, today, not tomorrow, not in one hour, because the Super Bowl is coming. Now why do we make promises that we don't know how we can fulfill like getting a luxury remodel done before an annual sporting event? Why the Super Bowl? Why not Valentines Day? Why not Mother's Day? Because of money. Yup, approx. $15 Mil or there abouts. Because the other 220 rooms need to be remodeled after the Super Bowl. So you learn to do things that other people don't want to do in order to make clients and keep them. I will let you know if we make it or not.

I wanted to show you with the picture a beautiful phenomenon that I came across while cutting down a grapefruit tree in the dark. There is a branch that seperates and then after two feet of knotty angles and growth, it comes back together as one branch. I think that is a good picture of forgiveness. The odds were against against those branches for ever coming back together and they did. I can't explain it either except to show you. Perhaps the Creator will be able to one day tell the story.

No comments: