Thursday, December 13, 2007

In Other News...

Ok, time for some more news from around here. I got my other side of fillings done a few days ago. Some of it was not comfortable, but we got through it! And I am finally done with the dentist for quite a while now. After baby comes I get to face having all four wisdom teeth out! Fun, fun.

I made Ferguson Fruit Cake today, and it turned out pretty well. I need to check on this, but I think this "Ferguson" recipe may have been developed by my Dad, in which case, it today became a second generational Christmas treat!

A few days ago I tried out our $6.50 Goodwill bread machine...and the bread turned out the first time!!! Yay!!! Now I know some of you might be sitting out there saying "You bought a food related appliance at a thrift store???!!!! How disgusting!!!!!" I can understand that feeling, but if you think about it, how much different is it then buying bread at a store, or even eating at a restaurant? In each of those situations we are eating something that who-knows-who cooked, in who-knows-what, using who-knows-what! Once you've bought the machine, you at least know who's doing the cooking and what ingredients you're using! And you can clean the machine and, after all, what bad stuff can survive the heat??!!! And then to top it off, think of ALL the money you save instead of buying it new!!! Just a few thoughts, you can take them or leave them. :-)

Ok, now for a little Daddy news. Stephen spent a couple hours a few nights ago out in the cold and rain and fading light and then darkness, chopping down some trees for fire wood! What a tough guy I married! We're probably going to have our first ever fire in the fire place tonight! How cozy! Tonight he changed the headlight bulbs in our truck. Such a handy, hard working guy! I'm sure blessed!

No comments: