Wednesday, February 11, 2009

February Report

Ok, time for a February report on some of my goals for the year.


Spiritual Goals

Reading Through the Bible: I must confess, I'm behind... but still going!

Find and start a good Bible study course: I've been thinking of trying one by Kay Arthur or one by Elizabeth George. If any of you have ones you'd recommend, let me know.

Memorize at least 3 verses a week: Ummm... not happening so far. :-(

Reading one encouraging, edifying book per month: Still reading my January one (That I had actually started before that). "At His Feet" by Madge Beckon... it's an excellent, devotional style book. Need to get moving and catch up on the goal though!!!



Skills and projects that I have the goal of working on this year:

Cake Decorating: I'm currently taking a 4 week cake decorating class from the craft store Michaels (sp?). Hopefully, I will soon have some stuff worthy of taking pictures!

Canning: Hopefully, that will happen this summer after a good vegetable garden!!! I did make yogurt in canning jars the other day...does that count?

Art: Did some painting several weeks ago... but not much since... unless you include the cake decorating.

Piano... Umm.... yeah... let's leave that till next months report..... :-/

Budgeting! My first priority is to keep faithful track of my grocery spending and trim it down to a good, reasonable amount. I have already determined the goal range: I've been trying to keep track off and on. Doing fairly well this month... so far.

Experimenting with new hobbies/skills that I've either never done or did a long time ago: Cake decorating would be the main one so far.

Vegetable garden: I ordered most of the seeds we're planning to use the other day!!! Yay! I ordered tomatoes, corn, pepperoncini peppers, passilla bajio peppers, collard, asparagus, onions, okra, butternut squash, sugar peas, bush beans, spinach, basil, cilantro (sorry, Dad! I promise, if you come visit you don't have to eat any!) and rosemary. To that list we are planning to add sweet potatoes and garlic.

Improving my homemaking skills in general: Well, one new homemaker type thing I tried recently was making home made yogurt! It was surprisingly easy and turned out quite well!!! I got the recipe from a friend!

Improving my home decorating: Mostly still in the unpacking, organizing stage of life around here.

Photo Albums... not yet

Raising chickens (that's more Stephen's goal :-), but I want to be a good helper to him! :-) We haven't started on this yet.



Physical goals:

Exercising three days a week: Well, this week I finally did that, I didn't do much on any of those days, but at least it was something.

Meet the weight goals I've set for myself over the next few months: Well, didn't meet February's goal... but oh well. The main goal is to meet the target weight some time in the not too distant future!

No comments: