Thursday, February 19, 2009

Snapshots of Motherhood

Little toy foam letters and shapes strewn all over with the most adorable little teeth marks in them,

A highchair covered with bits and pieces of cereal, smeared yogurt, smashed sweet potatoes,

Hair, still wet from bath time, sticking straight up on top of a sweet little head,

Hot pads and towels pulled from the drawer and strewn across my kitchen floor,

Little pudgy hands grabbing at my pant legs and struggling to pull herself up to stand next to Mamma,

The sound of a perfectly good magazine getting ripped up,

The sound of a little person coming to find me,

Squeals of laughter and happiness over the smallest things,

A measuring cup banging against the kitchen floor,

Water from a humidifier spilled all over a wood floor,

Little fingers investigating your mouth, eye and earring,

A little head gently bumping up against mine to give me a "kiss",

A squirming, delighted little girl when Daddy gets home from work,

Wails of displeasure at being put to bed,

Smiles and happiness as you walk in to get someone out of their crib,

The cutest little feet ever,

The feeling of "oh no. She's not awake already!",

The feeling of pride at a simple new accomplishment of my little one,

The special happiness of knowing my little one wants her mamma....



These are snapshots of motherhood.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes.. feet... yummy!

Marilena said...

That was so sweet...reading it brought tears to my eyes..I miss those baby days....My babies are getting big too fast...

Miss you,
mar