Thursday, February 5, 2009

A while back I promised you some more of my goals / resolutions for the year. I found the list I wrote down shortly before the new year started and have been reading through it and thinking about which ones I want to keep (or start) working toward, and which I want to drop and which ones I want to share with you.

As I mentioned before, I have the goal of reading through the Bible in one year and reading one encouraging, edifying book every month.

Also, I would like to find a good Bible study course and start working on that and memorize at least 3 verses each work. I know, that's not much... but it's three more then nothing...!

Some skills I have the goal of either learning or improving in this year:

Cake Decorating
Canning
Art
Piano
Budgeting! My first priority is to keep faithful track of my grocery spending and trim it down to a good, reasonable amount. I have already determined the goal range.
Experimenting with new hobbies/skills that I've either never done or did a long time ago.

Physical goals:

As I mentioned in the previous post I want to have the goal of exercising at least 3 times a week. Also I set some weight goals for the first few months... aiming at getting down to my target weight.

Some projects I want to work on this year:

A nice vegetable garden
Improving my homemaking skills in general
Improving my home decorating
Photo Albums
Raising chickens (that's more Stephen's goal :-), but I want to be a good helper to him! :-)

Well, that most of the goals I'm wanting to keep for this year! As I said before, there are some I don't feel comfortable sharing in public... hopefully you'll forgive me! :-) I'm thinking to make a list on the side bar of this blog and giving a report about once a month on how I'm doing. Hopefully, it will be a good reminder and motivation to me!!!

No comments: