Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Few "Snap-Shots" of Life Around Here.

Ok, time for a little news from our neck of the woods. It was super humid here today and then the clouds, lightning, thunder and a little sprinkling came in... so at least it wasn't just humid for the sake of being humid!

My handsome hubby has been getting a work out and riding his bike to work on some days! He was rather wet when he got home tonight. He enjoys the exercise and challenge of braking his previous records.

I'm staying fairly busy with house work, errands, and Miss Clara. I tried out a new recipe for supper involving chicken, sausage and white beans. Stephen and I both really liked it, so it made it into my recipe collection book that my Mom made me!!!

It's been fun to start using fresh herbs from the garden! So far we have used oregano, basil and rosemary. That just leaves the cilantro... it doesn't seem to be doing to great though, so we may not get much out of that. We have lots of little green tomatoes coming on and a few baby zucchini and today I saw the first little tiny head of broccoli! That was exciting!

Clara continues to amuse, impress, challenge, and melt our hearts. Some of her latest antics include demonstrating that she seems to understand that q-tips go in your ear (I know, that's dangerous!), make-up brushes are used on the face and diaper mats go on the changing table. Today, she snagged a cup off my dresser... it had some tea in it, which was thankfully no longer hot, and she dumped it on the ground. While out doing a couple errands she threw a fit when put into her car seat at one point... we went to one more store and came home. After getting home I took her out and set her on the grass, at which point she proceeded to climb back into the car and into her car seat. Go figure! Though we do have our share of struggles as parents we also have our smiles... like Clara giving Daddy a massage again tonight and then giving him a kiss a little later. We love that girl!

I started a Bible study on I John a little while back and have just wrapped up the section that goes through chapter 3. Before I sign off, let me share some of my favorite verses from that chapter!

I John 3: 16-18

"We know love by this, that He laid down His life for us; and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
But whoever has the world's goods, and beholds his brother in need and closes his heart against him, how does the love of God abide in him?
Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth."

No comments: