Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Coolest Company!

Stephen's got to work for one of the coolest companies!!! I went out there for a little baby party today, not really knowing what it would be like. From what we had been told, it sounded like they were going to get some cake and do a little thing. Well...they had pizza and salad and cake and a whole bunch of people! A couple individuals gave us gifts and then there were a ton of gifts from the whole group. A whole bunch of them had contributed gifts of money and then a small group of ladies had been sent out on a shopping spree...and I'm telling you, they went on a SHOPPING SPREE!!! They got us a bunch of smaller stuff...from a first aid kit, to blankets, to outfits, to a bath robe...even little sun glasses, baseball cap and sandals! Lots of cute, girly stuff! And on top of that they got us a big thing of diapers and a bunch of wipes AND a bouncer type seat AND a sweet, pink travel crib (it's like a basinet)!!! They really out did themselves! This is one of the most well provided for babies! That's three showers now that we have been blessed with and I even have a neighbor lady that's talking about doing a neighborhood one after the baby is born!

I've been having Braxton Hicks (spelling?) contractions, so we're getting there! The visit with the midwife went pretty well yesterday. The little lady had a good heartbeat. Her mother (me:-)) got in a little bit of trouble because I haven't been drinking enough liquid and my swelling, and I think it may have been my pulse as well, were telling on me. So, I have to drink more.

No comments: